Completely up-to-date for 2018, WordPress Explained is a high-quality and fun introduction for beginning WordPress users. In WordPress Explained, readers will follow step-by-step instructions from top trainer and author Stephen Burge to build a complete WordPress site.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll master WordPress hands-on, through a complete case study, crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, and on-target analogies, all extensively tested with real WordPress beginners.
Burge walks you through installing WordPress, planning sites that are easy to use and manage, adding content, and incorporating powerful site features without programming. Finally, Burge shows you how to run your site securely and efficiently, no matter how big or popular it becomes!
Table of Contents
- WordPress Explained
- Planning for Your WordPress Website
- Your First 10 WordPress Tasks
- WordPress Posts Explained
- WordPress Categories and Tags Explained
- WordPress Pages Explained
- WordPress Media and Galleries Explained
- WordPress Plugins Explained
- WordPress Contact Forms Explained
- WordPress Themes Explained
- WordPress Page Builders Explained
- WordPress Widgets Explained
- WordPress Menus Explained
- WordPress Users Explained
- Finishing and Launching Your Site
- WordPress Site Maintenance Explained
- What’s Next?
- Bonus: The Jetpack Plugin Explained
- Bonus: Optimizing WordPress Explained
- Bonus: WordPress eCommerce Explained
Why WordPress Explained?
If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
Stephen Burge and the OSTraining team have taught thousands and thousands of beginners. Nobody knows more about guiding WordPress users up the learning curve – from confusion to results!
Burge and the OSTraining team make learning fun. OSTraining books are written in plain English and are supported by plenty of online documentation and videos. If you get stuck at any part of the book with the instructions, all you have to do is email and the OSTraining team always replies.
WordPress Explained requires absolutely no experience with WordPress, content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Please note: This book is 100% aimed at WordPress beginners who want to host a WordPress site on their own domain.
About the Author
Stephen Burge has split his career between teaching and web development. He now runs OSTraining.com, which specializes in teaching website development. OSTraining.com’s clients include Apple, Pfizer, and the U.S. Departments of Energy, Education, and Commerce.
Burge’s books are some of the world’s best-selling guides to the software they cover. Other books by Burge include:
- Joomla Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2011)
- Drupal 7 Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2013)
- Joomla 3 Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2014)
- MySQL Explained (OSTraining, 2015)
- Drupal 7 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Drupal 8 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Joomla 3 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Multilingual Joomla Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Magento Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WooCommerce Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WordPress Explained (OSTraining, 2017)