Are you new to WordPress and looking for a high quality introduction that takes you step-by-step in building a complete WordPress site? If your answer is yes, then WordPress Explained is the book for you.
WordPress is an extremely popular and amazingly powerful web content management system. If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you!
Stephen Burge and the OSTraining team have taught thousands and thousands of beginners. Nobody knows more about guiding WordPress users up the learning curve – from confusion to results!
Burge and the OSTraining team make learning fun. Like their online training, you learn by following enjoyable, step-by-step instructions. OSTraining books are written in plain English and are supported by plenty of online documentation and videos.
WordPress Explained requires absolutely no experience with WordPress, content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Please note: This book is 100% aimed at WordPress beginners.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll master WordPress hands-on, through a complete case study, crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, and on-target analogies, all extensively tested with real WordPress beginners.
Burge walks you through installing WordPress, planning sites that are easy to use and manage, adding content, and incorporating powerful site features without programming. Finally, Burge shows you how to run your site securely and efficiently, no matter how big or popular it becomes!
About the Author
Stephen Burge has split his career between teaching and web development. He now runs OSTraining.com, which specializes in teaching website development. OSTraining.com’s clients include Apple, Pfizer, and the U.S. Departments of Energy, Education, and Commerce.
Burge’s books are some of the world’s best-selling guides to the software they cover. Other books by Burge include:
- Joomla Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2011)
- Drupal 7 Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2013)
- Joomla 3 Explained (Addison – Wesley, 2014)
- MySQL Explained (OSTraining, 2015)
- Drupal 7 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Drupal 8 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Joomla 3 Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Multilingual Joomla Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- Magento Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WooCommerce Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
- WordPress Explained (OSTraining, 2017)
Table of Contents
- WordPress Explained
- Planning for Your WordPress Website
- Your First 10 WordPress Tasks
- WordPress Posts Explained
- WordPress Categories and Tags Explained
- WordPress Pages Explained
- WordPress Media and Galleries Explained
- WordPress Plugins Explained
- WordPress Contact Forms Explained
- WordPress Themes Explained
- WordPress Page Builders Explained
- WordPress Widgets Explained
- WordPress Menus Explained
- WordPress Users Explained
- Finishing and Launching Your Site
- WordPress Site Maintenance Explained
- What’s Next?
- Bonus: The Jetpack Plugin Explained
- Bonus: Optimizing WordPress Explained
- Bonus: WordPress eCommerce Explained